When it comes to art and the art market, it is essential to be well advised at all times whether you are a seasoned collector or a beginner. This is why for the last decade, Societe Generale Private Banking and 1858 Ltd. have formed a partnership to guide you.
1858 Ltd. advises in all genres and periods of art. Its experts will advise you with utmost discretion on the various aspects of your art collection, providing independent and impartial advice.
The service advises on every aspect, medium and period of the Art market, including Antiquities, Old Masters, Impressionists, Modern and Contemporary Art, for :
● Buying and selling of fine art and collectibles;
● Authentication and attribution to ensure costly mistakes are avoided;
● Valuations of individual pieces and collections for both market and insurance purposes;
● Auction representation and arrangements of private treaty sales;
● Logistics management including shipping, import and export licenses, restoration, hanging, museum framing, object mounting and storage;
● Collection management including curatorial expertise, cataloguing and bespoke database management of a collection;
● Philanthropy advisory on effective wealth giving to the arts;
● Tax and estate planning pertaining to all art related matters;
● Personalised advisory in wealth management relating to art.
Set up in 1995, the Societe Generale collection encompasses nearly 350 original works and 700 lithographs, editions and...